7.2.09

Hope~Primitive Folk Art Original Whimsical Cat Painting~ Paws for Charity~ In support to the fight against breast cancer~


I am happy to announce that I will be participating in the Paws for Charity event. An art book compilation of photographs or paintings from approximately 20 artists, featuring dogs and/or cats to raise money for breast cancer charity.

Sara from http://sharleystudio.blogspot.com/ emailed me about this so I made a painting just for this event- entitled HOPE! It has of course one of my Whimsical Cats and Birdie with folk art antique flowers and colorful hills in the background. The cat wears a party hat with the word-hope and a pink ribbon in support of this cause. The painting is 8x10 on canvas panel and I will be offering it on Ebay and donating 50% of the selling price to the Susan and G. Komen foundation an organization for the cure of breast cancer. http://ww5.komen.org/

5 comments:

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Benedetta it's beautiful! You did a wonderful job. I'm hoping to participate too. I've got to get my brain working! Way to go!

Bairbre Aine said...

Adorable painting. Well done on supporting the fight against breast cancer! As my daughter would say~ 'You go girlfriend!'
Cheers~

Renee said...

On behalf of someone who has inflammatory breast cancer, I thank you. It is wonderful.

Renee

Sara said...

Benedetta, Thanks so much for participating in this...and for creating a special painting just for this project! I love it!

The Rose Room said...

Hello Benedetta, congratulations, you won my giveaway. Can you please email me your postal details. Thanks so much. Rachaelxo roseroom@slingshot.co.nz