30.1.09

Primitive Folk Art Original Cat Portrait Painting

I am soooo excited! I have met- and keep meeting- so many wonderful people and amazing artists by being a part of the One World One Heart event. So here I am blogging about a very special person and artist Kecia and her lovely Pebbles. He passed away few years ago and she emailed me suggesting an exchange- a necklace for a cat portrait. I accepted and it was a nice challenge for something never done-since my whimsical cats are all back and Pebbles was white and caramel :-) I have now finished the painting so I am posting it here. I gave him a whimsical heart that says "Love is Forever".
Btw, her necklaces and all her work is so ispiring, romantic and unique.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Ah, that is so precious. I love it.

kecia said...

i wasn't going to peek, honest, but i saw it when i signed on to my blog (since i am following you!) - so i had to come over. it is so lovely - it brought tears to my eyes, seeing my special kitty done like that. thank you so much and i think you should start advertising commissions of kitties as we are all nuts about our furry friends!
i can't wait to get it!
xoxo,
kecia

Kimberly said...

That kitty was really special to our family and especially to my sister. Your picture is such a lovely tribute to Pebbles.

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

LOve your blog! Enjoyed my visit!

Kim Mailhot said...

Your Pebbles tribute is just lovely ! So very sweet ! Kecia is sure to love having such a beautiful reminder of her furry friend.

Brenda said...

I adore the painting, what a gorgeous cat.

Marie Patterson Studio said...

What a nice tribute to Pebbles.

Joy said...

Gosh I do love your style!

Benedetta said...

Thank you so much for the kind comments everyone! It really means so much to me :-)

A Beaded Affair said...

Wonderful prize. Please enter me in your drawing and if you have a chance visit me at my blog #795.
Thanks,
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com
Lois@abeadedaffair.com